Follow these steps to define a report:
- On the Project Metrics page, choose how you will use this report.
- If you want to use the report repeatedly, click Define report. This stores a copy of the query for later use.
- If you just want to look at the date once, click Define instant report. This discards the query when you leave this page.
- In the Title field, give the report a name.
To have the system assign a title for you, leave the Title field blank.
- In the Report type field, select the kind of report you want. You can select one of these types:
- Trend report: See data as it changes over time.
- Point in time report: See data as it exists at a single time.
- Choose the project tool whose activity you want to measure. You can choose Project Tracker or Subversion.
- Choose the types of activity you want to measure. How you do this depends on the project tool you are interested in.
If you are measuring Project Tracker activity, follow these steps:
- In the Artifact types field, select the kinds of artifacts you want to report on, and click Update.
Note: If you select multiple artifact types, attributes that appear in all those artifact types are available for reporting on, if they have the same display name in all the artifact types.
- In the State attribute filter field, select a status attribute to filter by status attribute options.
- In the Attribute filter field, select an additional filter from the dropdown list and click the Update button.
Select one or more of the resulting values, and click Next.
- Arrange the attributes in a way that will help the viewer make sense of the data. How you do this depends on the kind of report you are creating.
If this is a Subversion report, follow these steps:
- In the Activities field, choose one or more types of activity to measure:
- For a domain activity report or an active users report, you can measure checkouts, updates, commits and general Subversion operations.
- For a web-based report, you can measure only file downloads.
- Format your report. How you do this depends on the type of report you want:
- If trend, choose the period of time over which you want to measure activity.
- If point in time, choose the date for which you want to measure activity. You can select a date after the last data harvest or a date within the last three months in the case of Subversion.
- Click View report.
The report appears on the Metrics report page, with tabs to select between table and chart views.
- On the Metrics report page, click Store this report to save the report.
Note: You can modify your report from the Metrics report page. To regenerate the report, click the Edit report button and reconfigure the parameters.