Project Tracker allows you to group attribute options and user attributes, to arrange report data into headings that are combined to allow multiple criteria per cell.
Headings are defined solely by the data they contain.
To create headings for a report:
- In the Report builder, click on either the Row content tab or the Column content tab.
- Select the content type for this heading in the Select content type drop down box.
- Select the options you wish to include in the first heading of your report.
- Click the Update button.
- If you wish to include more than one heading in your report, in the axis content: Row/Column headings section, click the Add another heading button.
- Select the content type for this heading in the Select content type drop down box. If the previously defined heading contains user attributes or attributes/options, you cannot select the Date snapshot(s) content types. Doing so will discard the previously entered heading.
- Select the options you wish to include in this heading.
- When finished, click the Update button.
- Continue adding headings and selecting options in this manner until all the options you wish to see in your report have been included.
You can edit a previously defined heading by clicking on the radio button next to the heading and clicking the Edit selected heading button. You can delete previously defined heading by clicking on the radio button next to the heading and clicking the Remove selected heading button.
Project Tracker allows you to further organize reports data by grouping the attributes and options within your headings. For example, if options P1, P2, P3, and P4 for the Priority attribute have all been selected, you could group P1 and P2 as "high priority" and P3 and P4 as "low priority". You must have defined at least one heading containing Attribute/option(s) in your report before you can group options within a heading.
To group options within headings:
- On the Row content tab or the Column content tab, select a heading containing the Attribute/option(s) content type and click the Edit selected heading button.
- In the group related data section, enter a name for the group and click the Add new button. Repeat this step if you wish to have additional groups within this heading.
- In the Grouping report data-set attributes/options section, select the group you want each option to appear in from the Group name drop down box next to each attribute/option.
- When done, click the Update button.