Configuring a project that uses a project template
After creating a project that uses a project template and before inviting
people to join the project, you must configure the project to suit your needs and the needs of
the project members. Configuration includes modifying subpages and pages for the following purposes:
- Adding links to the Work Products area.
For example, you can add a link to a page that contains a table where project members can upload status reports.
- Ensuring that links to Work Products on various pages of the project template lead to the desired destination.
For example, when working on the Code & Build page, a user can click a link to invoke the automated build system. You need to ensure that this is a live link rather than a sample one.
- Adding the names of key project members to the Communications page.
- Ensuring that the project documentation templates have the format and content that you want.
- Modifying project-level artifacts, attributes, and queries.
For example, on the Project Management page, you may want to add queries that show all requirements and action items that have been completed. Or, you may want to change the names of your milestones.
Task overview: Configuring a project that uses a project template:
- Configuring the project document templates
- Configuring the Communications page
- Configuring the Project Management page
- Configuring the Metrics and Reporting page
- Configuring the Integrations page
- Configuring the query URLs
Additional Help topics elaborate on these activities.